Visit Laithwaites.co.uk

Monday 22 March 2010

It was a tough Saturday for us Anglais!

Anne-Marie put on a fantastic evening for the France vs England rugby match at the Comptoir de Genes bar/restaurant in our neighbouring village of St. Genes.

The locals had heard about the evening and that some ‘Anglais’ would be in the bar so I did my best during the day to rally together a team of ex-pats that I knew in the area. It was pretty slim pickings and I even had to drag Australians Janet and John along to make up the numbers as I just knew every single French person from a 5 mile radius would be there.

I was right, everyone was there! I didn’t even know there were that many people living in the village but it was great fun and the ambience was terrific. Although we English had to take quite a bit of stick after we lost, everyone was in good spirits!

Visit laithwaites.co.uk

No comments: