Visit Laithwaites.co.uk

Friday 20 May 2011

Tuesday 17th, Ramsgate



We pulled into Ramsgate, last night, pulled down the sails, and moored on the jetty thanks to Red's brilliant driving.

We had a bit of fun, yesterday and we made our own version of a message in a bottle. We wrote a message on the lid of a wooden wine box and threw it overboard somewhere between Selsey Bill and Brighton. The message I'd found is an invitation to our arrival party on London and to claim a bottle of Le Voyage wine. So take walk on the beach if you live near the south coast, good luck!

Hopped of the boat for the morning and took the train to London to meet Tony and do some radio interviews and a couple of live slots. I’d never done radio from a studio before and it was good fun but my land legs aren't back and everything was swaying around as if I was still aboard the Irene. It was strange to be off the boat and away from what has been home for the last 2 weeks.

By 3pm I was back on Irene and straight back into the groove as we left the harbour in Ramsgate and made for the Thames estuary. Hope there is wind, Tower Bridge is opening for us at 1:15pm so can't miss that! Better get practising bringing my flying jib sail so I'm ready for tomorrow.

No comments: